Hey, Y'all! Glad to be a part of the group!

Tell us about yourself!

Hey, Y'all! Glad to be a part of the group!

Postby mrtangtank » Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:02 am

Hey, y'all!

My name is Zach, and I'm super glad to be a part of this forum/community! I've always loved fish and we had fish and turtles on and off growing up. Nevertheless, I've only been keeping them seriously for about the last 4 years, when I stumbled upon aquascaping online and never looked back!

I've done freshwater planted tanks for the last 4 years, sticking to nano-fish and invertebrates (neocaridina davidi variants, as well as a few other species of shrimp). Most recently, I've been bit by the cichlid bug and am making my first foray into the cichlid world, from which I don't think I'll ever return! The name mrtangtank, though perhaps a bit hastily applied, is a nod to my newfound fascination with Tanganyikan cichlids, which I foresee will hold attention for many years to come! Currently on order are a handful of ocellatus gold, some julidochromis marksmithi, and some cyprichromis, which I'm hopeful will provide an excellent first foray into what seems to be the inexhaustible worlds of Lake Tanganyika. :)

I live in Joplin, Missouri, which has no fish club of its own. Seeking community, I reached out to members of the Kansas City scene (HAAS), which seems like a solid group of people! They welcomed me and also recommended the NWA scene to me heartily. Upon reading what you're all about, I'm glad they did! :) Of particular note is the fact that you have regular meetings with keynote speakers and mini-auctions—I'm super excited to hear some presentations! I've already been making trips down to the NWA area for the microbrew scene, and now I hope to do so even more to geek out with fellow fish enthusiasts!

I'm beyond excited to start making it down to local meetings and start seeing what belonging to a fish club is all about.

With great anticipation,

Zachary
Zachary King
Peace, Love, and Joy
mrtangtank

Re: Hey, Y'all! Glad to be a part of the group!

Postby mewickham » Sun Jun 14, 2020 7:50 pm

Welcome, Zach,

Our forum is a little unused, these days, due to the club's current lack of a webmaster, and most message activity having shuffled over to Facebook. But the club itself is still alive and active, with meetings and auctions-- though COVID-19 put a temporary pause on those. Hopefully, in person meetings will begin again next month.
mewickham
Site Admin

Return to Welcome