Lyre tailed swords

Egglayers keep out!

Lyre tailed swords

Postby dennysfishroom » Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:14 pm

We just got back from Iowa tonight, and I finished up putting some lyre tailed swords into my tank. I was able to pick up 3 nice females at one store, and then 2 really nice regular males at another. Not the color I was looking for on the males, but really good looking pinapples with nice red dorsal. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom
Altum Angel

Re: Lyre tailed swords

Postby Jackielee » Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:08 pm

Fantastic I love swordtail!
Jackielee
Arapaima

Postby dennysfishroom » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:46 pm

I've had a hard time finding good stock with the colors I'm looking for. I was going to try for a tuxedo lyretail the last time I tried them, but they just sort of disappeared. This time I can't find any tuxedos to work with, so until I do, I'll have to work with what I can find. Denny
dennysfishroom
Altum Angel

Postby Jackielee » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:37 pm

I had tuxedo sailfin swordtails last time I played with them. Sailfin and lyre tail would be awesome. But all swordtails are kind of awesome. Jack
Jackielee
Arapaima

Postby dennysfishroom » Thu Sep 21, 2017 4:11 pm

I just brought my livebearers from the outside stock tanks today. I didn't find any mollies, but had more swords than I put in there. The colors were also really good. I do now have red tuxedos, but I'm not sure I've got any female lyretails left. I'll have to look around and see what I can find. I'm wondering if maybe the mesh size in the cages wasn't small enough to keep baby swordtails in place. I did find a few swords in the molly enclosure, but no mollies. I'll have to see what I do next year. Denny
dennysfishroom
Altum Angel

Return to Livebearers