Opening up the pond 2012

Outdoor fishkeeping!
dennysfishroom

Opening up the pond 2012

Post by dennysfishroom »

I finished filling the pond and taking the leaves out of the waterfall this afternoon. I bought a pond pump from Harbor Freight this spring and hooked it up today. So far it's pumping more than the pumps I was using last year. It's rated around 2100 gph if I remember correctly. I'll have to see how it hold up, but with the 20% off coupon, it was only around $80. That's considerably cheaper than the other pumps if it lasts as long. anyone interested in having me bring some pond Iris to the auction? I'm going to have to thin it out or plant some pots this year. May get the other ponds up and running today, also. I may have found the female red eared slider I lost last fall, too. There's something big in one of the containers, but I haven't gotten a good look at it yet. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Opening up the pond 2012

Post by Jackielee »

Fun stuff! Let us know about the possible turtle find!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Yesterday I finally got a clear look at what was in the pond. It was definitely the turtle who had escaped last fall. I netted him out (not easily), and put him with the other turtles in the garage. I'm going to have to decide whether to put them out again this summer. It's not too bad losing a regular colored red eared slider, but I wouldn't want to lose one of the albinos. Somehow I need to figure out how to make an area for them to lay eggs outside too. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

You really should get a camera and add some photos to your posts. Easy and fun for all! :lol: