Tip: Add Your Real Name to Your Posts

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Tip: Add Your Real Name to Your Posts

Post by mewickham »

Your forum username displays at the right side of your posts. (You can see my "mewickham" username at the far right.) However, since we aren't just an online forum, but also a real aquarium society that meets in person, we often know and more easily recognize each other by our real names. It can be confusing to remember who a forum username belongs to when reading a post. So we appreciate it when you also sign your posts with your real name. You can use both first and last name, or just your first name if that makes you more comfortable. (Note: It's helpful. It's very much preferred and appreciated. But use of a real name is not absolutely required.)

The easiest way to sign your name is with a "signature." This is a text block you create that the forum will automatically append to your forum posts, so that you don't have to remember to sign your name each time you post. It's done automatically! A signature block is usually just your name, but can contain other information, if you want— such as your website address, a favorite quote, or whatever. (You can see my signature block at the bottom of this message.) It is easy to create your own signature block:

1. Click this link: Edit My Signature
2. Fill out your signature. You can use the buttons in the top row to make text bold or a different color, or to create links.
3. Click the "Submit" button and you are done! Don't forget to click "Submit!"

Then, when you create a future message or reply, your signature will automatically append to the bottom of the message when you post it, like mine below:
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair