Albino Red Eared Sliders

Crayfish, shrimp, snails, newts, frogs, turtles, etc.
dennysfishroom

Albino Red Eared Sliders

Post by dennysfishroom »

I recently brought my 2 male albino Red Eared Sliders along with the 2 regular colored females inside for the winter. I've just noticed that both males seem to be very interested in the females the last couple days. I'm assuming their interest is in courtship, but can't say for sure without ever having witnessed it with turtles. That would be really cool to get some batches of eggs to incubate. Any hatchlings wouldn't be albinos, although they would be carrying the gene. I'd have to grow them up and mate them back to the albino males or to each other to actually get any albinos. Not a short term project. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Albino Red Eared Sliders

Post by Jackielee »

Hope something happens. Are they dancing in the water and waving there long fingernails for the gals?
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

That's it. Also really hanging around the girls. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just got my "female" albino RES today. I weighed, measured and photographed her before putting her in with the others. I'll try to post pictures later today. She seemed to be very excited to get into the big tank. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I tried to link some pictures of my new female red eared slider, but no luck. You can see her by going to the Gallery and looking in my folder, however. Denny
ImageImage
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I linked the photos for you. It's actually easy. First, upload your photos to the Gallery (the real Gallery, not the message section called that). When you compose a message, click where you want the photos to go in the message, then click the "g2Img" button at the top of the editing window. This will open a special Gallery window where you can navigate to the folder in the Gallery that holds your photos. Click the checkboxes in the upper left-hand corner of the photos you want to display and then the Submit button. Voila!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Gee, that sure seems easy to me (that's sarcasm if you missed it). I will try it if I can find the instructions next time I'm trying to insert pictures. Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Yeah, I should have said, "easy if you know how." Even then, uploading to the Gallery is the hard part!
Mike Wickham
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

So did I upload the pictures the way I was supposed to? I used the Gallery between Chat and Calendar. Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Yes, you put the photos in the right place. All you needed was to embed a link to them in the message. You can also manually copy a link from the page where you view your photos, instead of using the g2Img button.
Mike Wickham