Killer Killie

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
roblockesince1980

Killer Killie

Post by roblockesince1980 »

I have a really aggressive Golden Wonder with his very own 10 gallon. Has anyone had any luck keeping killies with a tankmate? If it fits in his mouth it's dinner...if he can't eat it then he'll beat it to death. Any suggestions?
snakeskinner

Re: Killer Killie

Post by snakeskinner »

Aplocheilus lineatus or the "golden Wonder killi" are probably one of the meanest out there but they're also one of the hardiest and easiest to spawn which is why you find them in stores. It is best to keep them either by themselves in a smaller tank or in a larger tank with similarly aggressive fish. I kept mine in a 55 along with large rainbows, congo tetras and similar fish. they also need a tightly covered lid because they will jump and do it very well. As you stated, they will eat anything that will fit in their mouths. I made the mistake of keeping threadfin rainbows in their tank and when I tried to add a female to the tank, it jumped from the net and landed on the water. It disappeared before I could look down. those fish can hit the surface faster than anything I've ever seen so I'm sure they are excellent at catching insects in the wild. Kyle
Okarche, OK