Picked up some interesting Bettas yesterday

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Picked up some interesting Bettas yesterday

Post by dennysfishroom »

I picked up some interesting bettas yesterday as we were delivering the meeting posters. I've been thinking for awhile that I should try to breed bettas again (my first egg spawn- no luck since) to get the BAP points. I picked up 2 males and 2 females. Between them I've got several colors, crowntails, and one double tail. Hard to tell right now, but I may have some half moon in there, too. Unfortunately, so many of the available bettas are colors I don't like, or fin types I'm not impressed with. If I have success with the B. splendans, I may try Plakats next. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Picked up some interesting Bettas yesterday

Post by Jackielee »

Bettas are cool. Congrats.

I have a few I raised this year. They are the shorter tailed Plakat but are awesome colors. Have a just a few but would share them cheap if someone wanted a pair or two.

Also have some small fry I would share even cheaper if you wanted to grow some out yourself.

Jack
dennysfishroom

Re: Picked up some interesting Bettas yesterday

Post by dennysfishroom »

Might take you up on that, Jack. Mostly I'm going to try just to get BAP points, but we'll see how nice any of the fry would look. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!