Killie eggs

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Killie eggs

Post by dennysfishroom »

In the past I've occasionally ordered killifish eggs to hatch out. It's sort of cool to see how fast the eggs hatch, and then how fast the fry grow. I had ordered some more at the end of last year or early this year. I was going to hatch them for the auctions or swap meets just to have something different. Somehow, I never got around to it until last week. Unfortunately, sitting around on my desk for that long was not an idea environment, and I got zero hatch on the 2 types of eggs I was going to try. I may have to order some more just to see that I can do it. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Killie eggs

Post by Jackielee »

I have ordered eggs from Thailand and now Spain. extremely poor results from both place. Suppose to have 20 to 40 eggs or more and get like 3 babies. The latest from Spain only 3 hatched and they were all belly sliders so will not make it. I might try some again from a close US source but i am about out of that game. Good luck. Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I had a really good hatch rate on some I hatched last year, but I didn't take them out of the hatch tank until the next day. very few left at that point. Speed of removal must be critical. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
snakeskinner

Post by snakeskinner »

in the past I have ordered a lot from the far East off aquabid and had similar results as Jack.. I think if I get back into killies I will hit the AKA fish & egg list instead.. Kyle
Okarche, OK
RichardA

Post by RichardA »

Try adding about 10 days to the "hatch date" and see if you get better results.
Richard Atwood
RA-Photography
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Didier Pillet (Pillet on aquabid) is the best I've ever bought from. Excellent hatch rates.