Gold White Cloud Mountain Fish

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Gold White Cloud Mountain Fish

Post by dennysfishroom »

I've never bred the White Clouds, so I got some Gold ones a few months ago. I had tried to set them up in a tank, but had no luck. So today I decided to put them outside in a pond that is just loaded with daphnia. I figure if they don't spawn in there, I'm probably doing something really wrong. Problems I've thought about are what will happen when it rains and the water goes over the top of the pond, and whether frogs will discover them and have a feast. We shall see, but I did notice some really fat females as I was moving them. By moving them, it also freed up a tank that I think I'll try to spawn some Gold Ring Danios in. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Gold White Cloud Mountain Fish

Post by Jackielee »

Fun stuff!

Have you or anyone else spawned the Giant Danios? I have been thinking about them for a while and may try this summer if I catch some on sale.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

It's been about a week since I put the Gold White Clouds out in the wading pool, so I thought I'd take a look and see if I could see any fry. I'm totally not sure. I don't know how small the fry are with these fish, so I'm not absolutely sure exactly what I'm looking for. To compound the problem, the pool is just loaded with Daphnia. I did see some sort of critter that possibly seemed a little "whiter" than the daphnia, and possibly moved a little differently. I suspect I'm going to have to wait awhile till they get a little size on them (assuming they are fish) before I'm going to be able to tell for sure. They certainly have a whole lot of live foods to feed on. Denny
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

It might be copepods you see. Do they swim with a jerky movement?
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Very subjectively what I was looking at seemed to swim more straight line. I was considering the possibility that they were just young Daphnia, but the motion didn't seem quite right. Of course, maybe I'm just rationalizing it because I want them to be fish. I'll know for sure in a couple weeks I imagine. Denny