Molly Fry

Egglayers keep out!
Vidikron

Molly Fry

Post by Vidikron »

Hey all. I have a couple of Dalmation Mollies that are quite prolific. This is my first tank and I had no idea Mollies would breed like this when we purchased them. Anyway, I was just letting nature take its course and most or all of the fry would be eaten. However, I've as I've gotten more into the hobby my basic aquarium for the kids has slowly morphed into a high tech planted aquarium. As a result I now have more fry surviving since they have plants to hide in. The last batch has resulted in 6 survivors. Right now they are still fairly small so my tank is fine. But I'm going to need to find a home for these guys at some point. What should I do with them? Are there any local shops that will take them? List on CL or an aquarium group? I'm not looking to sell, just give away.
dennysfishroom

Re: Molly Fry

Post by dennysfishroom »

You could donate them to the club mini-auction at the next club meeting. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Vidikron

Post by Vidikron »

Do you have auctions every meeting? I could likely bring some soon. Otherwise, if anyone wants some let me know. I think I've got 7 or 8 total I need to find homes for at some point. There is one my wife has become attached to because it was the first to survive, but there rest are fair game. Of course, that's assuming I can catch any of these guys. They're fast little buggers and are quick to disappear into the plants :D
godscreaturespetshop

Post by godscreaturespetshop »

I would like them if you don't live to far from me. I live in Lamar Mo. but make it to Joplin or Neosho often.
By the way I don't have a store anymore I just got back into the hobby and am trying to round up some good livebearers.
If you live close enough my cell number is 417-214-0469 text or call me .

Thanks,
Don