Nothobranchius

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
dennysfishroom

Nothobranchius

Post by dennysfishroom »

Hey Michael - once the eggs hatch, how soon do you get the fry into a regular tank? Also, how do you separate them from the peat moss? I've been putting microworms in with them, but can't tell if they can eat them. I may just dump all of the fish/water/moss into a tank with a sponge filter. They sure are hard to see. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Nothobranchius

Post by dennysfishroom »

Really tiny babies. I think I spotted 5 once, but not really sure. I did put them into a larger tank after a few days. It took about 2 weeks to finally start to see fry, and I think I've seen at least 4 several times. It will be interesting to see what they're like once they start to color up. I've got another species I'll be trying sometime in November. I'll have to decide whether I'm going to try to spawn them once they get bigger. Denny
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Congrats!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think I've got 4 that are about 3/4 inches long now. I've got some Rachovi eggs that are due to be re-hydrated in November. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Now I have to decide (or at least pretty soon). Right now it looks like I've got a total of 5 Northo. guntheri with one male and 4 females. It's always possible that more will start showing the male coloration, but at least I'm pretty sure I'll end up with both males and females. What I'll have to decide is if I'll try to spawn them before putting them in an auction, or just do it quickly. I'll also be trying to hatch a batch of Northo. rachovi eggs around the middle of the month. Hopefully, I'll at least have some ready for our auction in March. Denny