Finally! 20 Gallon is ready

Other miscellaneous aquarium-keeping topics, such as water chemistry, go here.
kribkid17

Finally! 20 Gallon is ready

Post by kribkid17 »

Been looking for some lights for the tank forever and finally found some at seafari, got a great deal($10 per fixture). If you need lights, hit them up. While I was there, I couldn't help but grab that beautiful piece of driftwood, another great deal. Unfournately I didn't soak it long enough so its leaching pretty good. Oh well. Once the plants fill in,it should look pretty good. Now i just need to get some fish. Some apistos would be nice but no one has them in stock. Anyone have any pairs of small cichlids they want to sell?
im2smart4u

Re: Finally! 20 Gallon is ready

Post by im2smart4u »

I have 2 wild strain apistos that I got from a speaker at one of the meetings. I can't remember what kind, though. I think they are apisto cacatuoides. They are descendants of some the speaker caught in the wild. Also, I think they are both males.
GrakFu

Post by GrakFu »

That is one nice looking tank! One of these days I am not going to have 13 inch plecos and I will have a real display tank... I can not help with the Apistos though.
kribkid17

Post by kribkid17 »

Finally got some fish, picked up 4 little kribs, and 2 already paired off and are terrorizing the others. I also added more plants. I'm disappointed with seafari. I bought some "purple waffle" because it was pretty and "it'd grow well" only to find out when I got home that it will die submerged.
kribkid17

Post by kribkid17 »

Third times the charm! I've seen wigglers twice now but finally they have swimmers!
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Congrats on the Kribs!

Sorry about the plants. I try to be real careful when buying new plants as I too have bought some that really were not aquarium plants and do not do well in aquariums. It happens.