Winter Projects

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
Jackielee

Winter Projects

Post by Jackielee »

I usually try to pick up something new or do some new tank theme for the long winter months. This year I have setup my young frontosa in a 100 gallon tank with a few friends. I have wanted to have a frontosa tank for some time. Just an interesting African. In a 90 I have some new to me American fish. I got a group of vieja fenestratus and chocolate cichlids to grow out and spawn. I spawned chocolates once before but lost the spawn to predation, On a smaller note I setup a frag tank with red freshwater shrimp and dwarf crawdads. Setup a salifin mollie tank with a couple of color variations and a saltwater shrimp tank. Those should entertain me through the cold weather. No need to be bored when it is cold outside if you love the fish hobby. I would like to grow out an MBU puffer but have found them to be hard to get started. They seem to come in with a lot of parasites and even though they grow to be a fairly large freshwater puffer they are hard to get past a year. We will see.
Last edited by Jackielee on Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BobbyM

Re: Winbter Projects

Post by BobbyM »

I brought my girlfriend home some pea puffers, several months ago, and found that to be the case. We treated with PraziPro then with Fenben. Cleared them little buggers right up. I now treat all puffers with PraziPro when we get them in
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Winter Projects

Post by mewickham »

Nice projects, Jack. What kind of saltwater shrimp did you go with?
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Jackielee

Re: Winter Projects

Post by Jackielee »

Fire, skunk cleaner and some ghost shrimp. Not sure anything will come of it all but ho knows if you don't try.