Multiple Small Vs 1-2 Large

Aquariums - Filters - Heaters - Lighting - Accessories
JoanneDisFan

Multiple Small Vs 1-2 Large

Post by JoanneDisFan »

I currently have 1 90G Asian Planted Community and 1 20G quarantine/grow out set up on along one wall. I have 8 ft of space, maybe 10ft if I move a bookshelf. I also have a 5G shrimp tank on a desk. I have another 20G and a 10G in my garage waiting for me to find space and stands.

I'm contemplating making some changes and considering building a rack for a row of 20G and a row of 10G and getting rid of the 90G. I find the 90G almost too deep. I'm short and it's a challenge at times. I'd also like to try my hand at breeding some fish and just having some different fishes. I've been contemplating a shellie tank.

Any thoughts on more smaller tanks or keeping it to just 1 larger tank and a 1 or 2 small tanks?
Joanne Johnson
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: Multiple Small Vs 1-2 Large

Post by sskruzr »

I got away from big tanks for just that reason. I do have a 120g, but that was free. I have 2 homemade racks that hold 3 20g breeders. And there's different breeding cory groups in each one.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
cbaranyk
NWAAS Vice President

Post by cbaranyk »

If you want to try a bunch of different things, do the smaller tanks. If you want a show piece that doesn't really change, do a larger tank.
Chris Baranyk
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

My 125 sits empty because I can never make up my mind what to keep in it. I have fish in a lot of my smaller tanks though. 20 longs and 40 breeders are my favorite.
JoanneDisFan

Post by JoanneDisFan »

Thanks for the advice everyone. Still trying to figure out what all I want to do.
Joanne Johnson