Baby rasboras!

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
sumpnfishy

Baby rasboras!

Post by sumpnfishy »

So I have some Microrasbora kubotai I got from Mike Hellweg back in October. They have just been hanging out in a five gallon tank I've been trying to grow some tissue culture plants in. I was thinking I needed to set up a spawning tank for these guys but I guess they didn't want to wait! I found a bunch of fry swimming around in the hairgrass. They can already take BBS so I'm thinking they are at least a week old and the parents hadn't eaten them, though there may have been more. I moved the adults. Maybe more fry will show up if they've been spawning regularly!!
Jackielee

Re: Baby rasboras!

Post by Jackielee »

What fun. I did that with some micro barbs and some other fish when I was working on my BAP projects. It is so cool to see new babies appear in a tank, unless they are convicts! Congrats. I saw some little rasboras in a KC shop the other day but they weren't marked so I just went on. Wish I had asked about them now. Jack
cbaranyk
NWAAS Vice President

Post by cbaranyk »

I'd be interested in buying some once they are big enough.
Chris Baranyk
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Okay. They are growing quite quickly so maybe by next month!
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Other than annual killies, these have to be the fastest growing fish I've ever seen. A bout a month old and the largest ones are at least 1/2 the size of the parents!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I was visiting Dr. Joanne Norton once when I was going to school. She had some Northobranchius (?) that were starting to breed at 30 days. I was impressed, but never got any of mine to grow that fast. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Congrats. Very cool. I need some one day!