Paramecium multimicronucleatum

Tasty nutrition for your fish
dennysfishroom

Paramecium multimicronucleatum

Post by dennysfishroom »

I acquired a culture of P. multimicronucleatum (the big one - maybe 0.013mm) this weekend. I'm looking for Grindal worms and the big daphnia if anyone want to trade. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Re: Paramecium multimicronucleatum

Post by sskruzr »

well if my daphnia culture revives I'll give you some. seems to have crashed due to the heat. moved them inside
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'll be setting up some cultures this week. Should be ready by the meeting. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I set up 4 new cultures today. I can see them swimming in my original culture, so I figured it was time. You do have to look very closely to see them however. I tried to get some pictures, but I'm going to have to work on that. I only saw the one type of organism, but there could have been more that were smaller and didn't show up at the magnification I had. A cover slip might help also. Stay tuned. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I was hoping to have paramecium cultures for my talk last Saturday, but I couldn't tell if my cultures were still viable. I took some over Mike W. on Wednesday, and we looked under the microscope. I do have paramecium. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the cultures growing enough to get a sufficient supply to feed baby fish. This is part of what I was talking about as far as getting better raising live food the longer you work at growing them. Denny
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

When you get them strong enough I'm still interested!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I spent a lot of time today trying to get my digital microscope set up to check the cultures for viability. I finally finagled a way to see the magnified culture. It was swarming with critters. I tried to take some pictures, but either that didn't happen or the computer is storing them somewhere that I can't find. I'll be starting some cultures in the next few days so I can bring some to the auction on March 11th. If you remember, I did say in my talk at the February meeting that you would get better at raising live foods the more you tried. Hopefully, I'll find the pictures I took, or will figure out what I did wrong trying to take the pictures, and you can see what I saw in the culture. Denny
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Yay!
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I just posted a video of my paramecium culture on FaceBook. A very robust culture, and I'll have some available at our auction on March 11th. Denny