Poster for February's meeting

Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Poster for February's meeting

Post by sskruzr »

Here's the poster I'm putting up at the shops. If you want a copy to place somewhere, shoot me an email and I'll send you one.
Attachments
LiveFood_0211.jpeg
LiveFood_0211.jpeg (175.36 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
LiveFood_0211.jpeg
LiveFood_0211.jpeg (175.36 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
cbaranyk
NWAAS Vice President

Re: Poster for February's meeting

Post by cbaranyk »

Looks great!
Chris Baranyk
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Should be some samples available afterwards, too.
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
gladmaker

Post by gladmaker »

I was at the February's meeting and learned some things from the program and joined but haven't heard anything from anyone since. Went to the auction and bought and sold some items. I've come here several times and nothing new. It's about time to delete the auction poster and post info on the next meeting. Seems to me that a collecting trip should be on a date other than the normal meeting. From what I read, only 3 went and couldn't collect anything. I'm not interested in collecting local fish. I only am interested in tropical, both fresh and salt, but I understand that an aquarium society would include those that collect local fish. Since the collecting trip attracted only 3, it seems a meeting with a program would be a better choice.
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I can say that as a former board member of the club, it is always difficult to balance the interests of every member every month when trying to schedule programs. There are programs that some people want and like, and others that those same people don't like. I suspect the low turnout for the collecting trip was more a function of people wanting to participate,but having schedule conflicts than a lack of interest. Throw in the variable of what will appeal to people new to the hobby vs what would interest people who have been in the hobby for many years, and you can see that it's a thankless job. The club also has not had anyone show any interest in assuming the duties of webmaster, so the website is not always up-to-date. That becomes a function of how willing the membership is to help out with the various jobs that need to be done to have a viable club. Members are always encouraged to volunteer, especially if they would like to see the club go in a different direction. Contact Michael if you're willing to help out. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

The club is suffering from the lack of a webmaster, right now. I did the job for many years, but tired of it, and retired from it at the end of the year. I'll do the club a favor and step up to remove the old auction poster from the home page.

If you know anyone or are yourself able and willing to sign on as webmaster, contact the club president for info. You can click the Officers link at the top of the page to do so.

As to the collecting trip, there were actually several other people who wanted to attend, but had to cancel due to scheduling conflicts. Had a larger group shown up, we would have moved to other locations and found more success. But, since it was just us three, we decided to call it a day. These trips tend to be lots of fun for everyone, even those not interested in keeping native fishes (which is most of us). We catch for the fun of seeing what is out there and the for the camaraderie of fellow fish geeks. Almost everyone releases what they catch. These days, I don't even spend time catching. I have a waterproof camera that I stick on a pole and take underwater video for fun. On some trips, people snorkel and really get good views. Anyway, even people who don't think they would have a good time, often do.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Sorry about the main pageI haven't gotten with Mike to learn how to change it and I can't figure it out.
As for the collecting trip, we did it the same way last year with excellent turnout. Initial tally for this one was about 12 people which is more than some meetings. Different things happened and it just fell apart.
We do it in place of a meeting because most people don't have time to set apart two different days in a month for the club.
Like Denny and Mike said we will always take the help, just let me know. I work 50 hours a week (74 this week) and don't have a ton of spare time so help is always appreciated.