CPO's at ALA

Crayfish, shrimp, snails, newts, frogs, turtles, etc.
dennysfishroom

CPO's at ALA

Post by dennysfishroom »

I got a bag of CPO's (dwarf orange crayfish) at the ALA last weekend. When we got home, I put them in a 40 breeder along with a big bunch of hair algae. I hadn't seen them since. Finally today I did see one out foraging. I hope that means the other 3 are just hiding out. I had a really nice colony going a few years ago, but lost it during a power failure. I'm hoping to get another one going with these. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sumpnfishy

Re: CPO's at ALA

Post by sumpnfishy »

Here i was thinking you'd picked up a group of CPDs (Celestial Pearl Danios). Don't know where I got that idea! Hope they do well for you.
cbaranyk
NWAAS Vice President

Post by cbaranyk »

I'd be interested in buying some from you if you can get them to breed. I started off with 6 in a display tank and now only have three. I thought rocks, wood, and plants would be enough to keep them from killing each other but I guess not. Lots of caves is key.
Chris Baranyk
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I have been looking for some too. I had a group going but crossed them with the blue ones and faded the orange out of them. Creatures tend to revert to their natural color when given the chance. Any way, I am looking for some to get mine going again. A local store tried to order some for me from Segrest and was told they were banned in MO. They sell them and the larger ones all over town but she would not ship them to him. Just an interesting side to the conversation. Most crawfish are on most conservation department's banned lists. Jack