Baby Odessa Barbs!

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
sumpnfishy

Baby Odessa Barbs!

Post by sumpnfishy »

So, I have fry from the Odessa barbs I picked up in St. Louis! Talk about an easy spawn. I put them in a tank with just a mop laying on the bottom for cover. They both looked like they were in spawning color so I moved them to a different tank and sure enough, fry started popping up.
I think we need to start the spawning contest now!
Jackielee

Re: Baby Odessa Barbs!

Post by Jackielee »

Fun stuff. Keep me in mind if you have an over stock of them down the road.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Will do. I've got quite a few and they are starting to take bbs so there may be a bit of a surplus.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I was over at Whole Pet today and they have some odessa barbs in breeding colors
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I picked up some of their black ruby barbs. They spawned too! Babies aren't free swimming yet though.
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Got it going on! Keep some for me if they do well and if you have plenty. I have been out of barbs for a while but it is time...
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

So I've decided I do not have Odessa barbs. That is what they were sold as. The problem is that the male has way more red than you would expect over the whole body. The female looks a heck of a lot like my rosy barb females. So, after looking at various pics of rosy barbs I've come to the conclusion that these are just a sport of rosy barb without the black in the fins. Guess I need to run to While Pet and get some actual Odessas!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I am attempting dwarf gouramis. Using a 20 long a more than half filled. Put the male in yesterday. For sone reason he's started building a nest. So tonight I threw in a egg laden female. Hopefully tomorrow. I see some results
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP