Turtle tubs

Outdoor fishkeeping!
dennysfishroom

Turtle tubs

Post by dennysfishroom »

Corey volunteered to pick up a couple 300 gallon stock tanks for me at Ozark Angels yesterday. Thanks Corey. My plan was to have one outside for the turtles in the summer, and the other inside for them in the winter. I'm trying to figure out how to connect both to my existing water systems. Another project to work on during the hottest part of the year. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Jackielee

Re: Turtle tubs

Post by Jackielee »

Be sure to post photos of the project.

Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'll have to work on the pictures, but I did get the outside stock tank connected to the other goldfish tanks this morning. I hope I get around to completely finishing it soon. It was looking sort of ugly, so while operational now, it still does need some finishing touches. I'll probably wait until later in the summer to connect the other stock tank connected inside. I'll try to get pictures as I get a little more caught up. Denny
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Just goes to show that you can't go too far when you first set up a new system. Everything was running fine after start-up (or so it seemed). I went out several hours later, and the turtle tank was down about 6-9 inches. I can't figure out how the water got out, unless there's a leak in the tank itself that just showed up this afternoon. Water can't go uphill to get out of a tank. Denny
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Bad deal I bought a 300 gallon stock tank that the lady swore id not leak. I looked ot over but it had a ton of algae on it. Fill it up, the algae fell off and it leaked like mad. Luckily I had a pond liner so I threw it in there and it has been there ever since.

Hope you get it worked out.

Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I refilled the tank, and it's been running for several hours without loosing water. The only thing I can think of was that the pump had plugged up, and the outlet into the tank was submerged. I may have gotten some backflow. Denny