Swords from Corey

Egglayers keep out!
dennysfishroom

Swords from Corey

Post by dennysfishroom »

A couple months ago, Corey gave me several "Nezzie" (we think) swords. There was supposed to be 1 male and the rest females. When I got home, I put them into my pond outside, and saw them infrequently. Today I started trying to get them out for the winter. Not even close when using a net, but then tossed my old minnow trap in there. Within 30 minutes I had caught about 10 fish. Five were the swordtails, but all five are males. What are the odds? I just hope I can get at least one female from that group. We also may have to re-visit the "Nezzie" designation. None have long swords. Surprisingly, I also pulled out one baby goldfish. I wasn't expecting that. I'll have to check the trap again this evening before it gets dark. You guys are going to see some livebearers at our auction. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
dennysfishroom

Re: Swords from Corey

Post by dennysfishroom »

I think I got virtually all the livebearers out of the pond this afternoon. The minnow trap really worked great. I'm going to try it in the pond I had the mollies in tomorrow to see if I can get those. I did catch the gold ones, but never even saw the black ones once I started stirring things up. I was really worried about my chances of getting the fish out. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!