Page 1 of 1

SMP Tank mates?

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:28 pm
by Sundance
I know we said "species only" but I also heard that maintenance fish may be allowed.

Personally, I'd like to keep a Bristlenose Plecostumus for general algae, an Otocinclus for brown algae and plant health, and a couple Albino Cory Cats to pick up uneaten food on the bottom.

Are there any problems with these fish as tank mates?

Thanks!

Posted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:13 pm
by sumpnfishy
Small pleco types are okay, but corys can be predatory on goodeid fry as they lay on the bottom for a while after birth so no for those.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:04 pm
by Sundance
Thanks, I'll get the Cories out.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:05 pm
by Sundance
What about FW shrimp?

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:13 pm
by HiroPro
I would think most shrimp would be ok with fry - IMO. Depending on the size of the shrimp, the fish may eat them though. I think Amanos would be ok. The Caridina/Neocaridina sp. might be too small. I'm not sure on the fish, mouth size and diet, to know for sure.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:24 pm
by sumpnfishy
Shrimp=goodeid food
You really don't need a cleanup crew with goodeids so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:20 am
by etheonut
My angelfish left the goodeid tank yesterday. They are now only sharing their tank with a pair of SAE (Flying Fox) and a whole bunch of plants.

I am considering adding blue spotted sunfish to the tank. That shouldn't be a problem, should it?

Kevin