Grindal worms

Tasty nutrition for your fish
sumpnfishy

Grindal worms

Post by sumpnfishy »

I have grindal worms going really well right now. If anybody wants a culture let me know and I'll have it for you at the next meeting.
Michael
Jackielee

Re: Grindal worms

Post by Jackielee »

I think you or Denny told us how to harvest the Grindal worms. Can you please tell me again. I have a culture and I know there are worms in there just forgot how to get my hands on the bounty! Thanks! Jack
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I'd be interested. I've got to figure out a way to prevent the little flying insects from infesting it though. I may try a soil-less culture again. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

I use a piece of glass or plastic placed on top of the media and put the food on top of that, wetting it well. You can then just scrape them off the glass with your finger. Unfortunately white worms have not proven this easy to harvest.
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Thank you so much. I tried last night with the piece of plastic but I did not wet it. I got a few worms but not many. At least I saw some of them for the first time. We will try try again! Jack :D
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I dampened the plastic this time and got a good harvest. Thanks gain for the tip! Jack
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

You are welcome!
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

One of the girls in the club figured this out for keeping out other insects. The top is perforated and then she glues this material onto it. I think it is a coffee filter or something similar. Jack