125 gallon up and going

Post your favorite aquarium related pics.
Blue-Ram101

125 gallon up and going

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Just got everything set up and fish moved over! one heavy sob! Letting three filter run for about a week with the old media, build a bacteria culture then big water change, filter media change and some clarity to remove any residual cloudiness. Thinned out the plants big time, the right corner is going to end up with a man made rock cave system behind the jungle vals

If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
im2smart4u

Re: 125 gallon up and going

Post by im2smart4u »

Looking good. What do you plan to stock it with?
doodlebug

Post by doodlebug »

Hi,
What kind of lighting do you have on your tank and where did you get it? Are you going to use CO2? I ask because I have a 125 also. They are awesome tanks.
Yours looks very nice!
im2smart4u

Post by im2smart4u »

I am pretty sure his lighting is a 72" Odyssea 4 bulb T5HO fixture. I have read threads from him on another forum about it. And Blue-Ram, since it is working, I am guessing you got the issue resolved with the first one coming in broken during shipping. Are you still planning on upgrading the ballast, or are you going to keep it how it is?
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

im2smart4u wrote:I am pretty sure his lighting is a 72" Odyssea 4 bulb T5HO fixture. I have read threads from him on another forum about it. And Blue-Ram, since it is working, I am guessing you got the issue resolved with the first one coming in broken during shipping. Are you still planning on upgrading the ballast, or are you going to keep it how it is?
It is that fixture indeed, so far I like it very much. yes thankfully got all that resolved and they sent me a new one which came in undamaged. I am sure I will eventually change out the ballasts and such, the speed of how that happens will depend on how the plants do. and yes will be running co2, currently working on an inline injection system. I an just glad smart4u was selling this tank and I was able to get it, big thank you there!

as far as stocking already quite a few fish in there, going to add a few blue freshwater angelfish possibly a discuss, few more cardinal tetras and also been looking at some clown loach.
If you have to think about it... You probably just spent to much on something for your fish tank!!
Blue-Ram101

Re: 125 gallon up and going (updated)

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Here is a link to my tank journal on the planted tank... Its transformed some lol. let me know if the link doesn't work!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/showthread.php?t=181662
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I don't know why I even bother to try having a nice looking tank. Good work. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

dennysfishroom wrote:I don't know why I even bother to try having a nice looking tank. Good work. Denny

Lol, what are you talking about Denny?
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I can kill plastic plants. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Nice looking setup. I'm fighting algae in all my tanks now. Actually, I'm fighting laziness. If I changed the water more often, the tank wouldn't become so unbalanced! :oops:
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Blue-Ram101

Post by Blue-Ram101 »

Denny, thats an impressive feat! I have seen some nice bare bottom discus tanks though!!

Mike, your breaking the golden rule, change that water!! ;-)