Keep Your Bad Photos?

Post your favorite aquarium related pics.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Keep Your Bad Photos?

Post by mewickham »

You may want to start keeping some of your bad photos. Adobe is working on a technology that can deblur blurred photos. Check out the "Image Deblurring" sneak preview video HERE. I know I will be able to put such a feature to use!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Re: Keep Your Bad Photos?

Post by dennysfishroom »

I could too if I ever had any photos that were out of focus (cough - cough). Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

This coming from the one-eyed man.

Kevin
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

Just a follow up to this topic...

Adobe, in its newly released "Creative Cloud" version of Photoshop (known as Photoshop CC), has included the previously described feature-- now known as "Camera Shake Reduction." It can take an image blurred by camera shake and make it crystal clear. This feature is quite remarkable and could be a real savior for many photos.

Unfortunately, Adobe has, at the same time, chosen to stop selling new versions of its software. You can no longer buy upgrades. You can only RENT them. So if you want to use this feature, you have to pay $20 PER MONTH (or more) to get it. And you have to pay that money for the REST OF YOUR LIFE if you want to keep using the new feature indefinitely. Stop paying and your software stops working. Then have fun trying to open your files. It's crazy. Adobe got the new name wrong. Instead of calling it "CC," they should have called it "FU."

The existing CS6 version of Photoshop (CS=Creative Suite) is still available for purchase, but Adobe says they will never add new features to it. The same applies to other CS6 programs, such as Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, etc. I've been paying around $400 per year to upgrade my suite of Adobe software when new upgrades arrive. But, I could quit at any time and keep using my existing software version without further charge. That's not possible with CC versions. Stop paying and the new software dies. So it looks like Adobe has gotten their last dollar from me with CS6. Idiots! (Or maybe I'm the idiot for using their software in the first place.) Fortunately, CS6 is really full featured, so there isn't much they could do to improve it.
Mike Wickham
BobbyM

Post by BobbyM »

I just got their CC version on black Friday. I got it locked in at $9.99 per month. It is worlds better then the Photoshop Elements I had on my old computer.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I refuse to buy-- rent, actually-- the Creative Cloud (CC) version. Once you stop paying the monthly charge, the software stops working. It has almost nothing new above and beyond the old Creative Suite 6 version, which is a one-time fee and perpetual license. It used to cost $400/yr. to upgrade my Creative Suite (Design suite, not just Photoshop) software. Now, it costs $600/yr. just to borrow it? Not for me. If necessary, I will keep an old computer around, running and old version of Windows and use Remote Desktop to run it over my home network. :)

Having said that, you'll love what Photoshop can do, Bobby. By the way, you can still buy Photoshop CS6, but Adobe doesn't make it easy. You have to call them, where they will presumably try to talk you into renting instead.
Mike Wickham
BobbyM

Post by BobbyM »

lol

I wasn't keen on the rental thing either. I'm just glad it wasn't anymore expensive then Netflix.
BobbyM

Post by BobbyM »