Page 1 of 1

One month...

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:12 pm
by pinkrblu
That's all... just one more month and I will be walking across the stage in the Leggett & Platt Athletic Center at MSSU to accept my diploma. I'm graduating with a bachelor of arts in communication, with an emphasis in public relations, and a minor in paralegal studies. I was not getting excited at all until a friend of mine came into the Crossroads (alumni magazine) and Chart (student newspaper) office today singing and dancing. I said, "What the heck is wrong with you?" and he announced that we only had one month to go... So now I, too, am excited!!

Re: One month...

Posted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:28 pm
by sumpnfishy
Yay!!! We are all so proud of the hard work you've put in to get so far. What a great example you have set for your girls to follow!

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:31 am
by etheonut
Kenna is gettin' an edumication!
We is so proud of her!

I believe there may be cause for a big party in about 1 month.

Kevin

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:49 am
by mewickham
Hmmm... communication, public relations, and paralegal studies...

Hey, Denny! I think I know someone who could give a program at a meeting, work on publicity, and look into 501(c) status!

Way to go, Kenna! I hope we start to see you more often, again.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:55 pm
by pinkrblu
Mike, I hope so, too. This has been a long haul of not being able to play nearly enough.

Posted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 9:20 pm
by dennysfishroom
We've all been pulling for you. You're one tough cookie. We are interested in a program/demonstration on an emergency bag once you're actually finished. Congrats. Denny

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:12 pm
by sumpnfishy
Mike, not to derail the congratulatory happiness, but I looked into non-profit status when the club started it. Lots of hoops to jump through and some of them would be a bit hard for us. If I remember right we kind of all decided it wasn't worth pursuing it.
Michael

Posted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:29 pm
by pinkrblu
Yeah, we decided there was no real benefit for us to outweigh the amount of work and the cost of getting the status.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:41 am
by dennysfishroom
Our decision was based on the size of the club. At that time, and even now, it's probably not worth it. If the club continues to grow, it is something we should re-visit. As long as we can continue to meet at the police station, it's not warranted, but if we have to move, many of the available location do require non-profit status. Denny

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:59 pm
by mewickham
Folks, I was joking about the 501(c) status-- merely teasing Kenna about all the ways the club could put her new degree to work.