Well Overdue Guppy

Egglayers keep out!
Fayette1012

Well Overdue Guppy

Post by Fayette1012 »

I have a female guppy with a very dark gravid sack, the problem is, she's been this way for at least a month! Her gravid sack isn't changing any colors, and she just keeps getting bigger and bigger. she's obviously an older fish, considering she is the longest/ biggest in my tank. When I bought her I also bought another female who looked to be about as far along as her. The other female gave birth, and sadly passed away shortly after, but that was WEEKS ago, like a month! I had her in a tank with males, and they were chasing her around in groups-making me think she would give birth, but was being harassed- so I even set up a tank specifically for females. That was around 2 weeks ago. All the females are very happy and calm in their new home with lots of plants. and places to hide. I have another female who i got about a week or two after her. The tank got a fungus, I treated the tank, and afterward their appeared only one little baby. I really think the one i got after her is/was the mother because she became very pale, and now her gravid sack is changing back to a more reddish color. Fern (the hugely pregnant/overdue) just keeps on trucking, and eating like there isn't enough food in the world! I'm a little worried something could be wrong with her, or if there is anyway I can induce labor or anything like that. Pleases someone help me out, and give me some advice here!
Fayette1012

Re: Well Overdue Guppy

Post by Fayette1012 »

I also feed my guppies a mix of flakes, and I give them some bloodworms for protein. Could she be constipated? What kind of diet should I feed them to ensure a healthy birth?
dennysfishroom

Re: Well Overdue Guppy

Post by dennysfishroom »

There's probably not a lot you can do that wouldn't cause more problems than you'd solve. As long as she's eating well, moving around, and looking good, it's probably best to just keep a watch on her. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!