Tank is up and filled!!!

Fish from Arkansas and the USA
billandkerri001

Tank is up and filled!!!

Post by billandkerri001 »

Well I have my 40 gal up and water in.I do have a pic up but its not staying this way. I will keep the stump but the rest will need to go. Need the room for rocks and plants I want in it.I got to get a test kit so I can get it balanced. The driftwood stump in the middle was givin to me and she said she picked it up on the beach in Pensacola a couple years ago. My substrate is mostly all natural gravel and it gets really fine, I went to a local creek that is dried and shoveled up about 80 lbs and mixed about 25 to 30 lbs of colored my wife wanted mixed in. I washed it several times. I did take a water sample to a fish store about 50 miles away and had it tested due to this being my first setup with this watersystems city water. It is not to bad. Ph was a little low and no fish or plants in right now I need to do something to get my bacteria level up so I can get it to start cycling. I am ready to see some fish swimming in there... Now to go get some local flat rock to make some cave areas.
Bill
40 Gal Long Tank
New setup will be all Native Fish
Plants,Rocks,and Substrate.