Page 1 of 1

Display tank

Posted: Sun May 20, 2012 4:56 pm
by dennysfishroom
This past winter I decided I'd set up my only display tank. I ended up with a 135 that was 7 feet long. Unfortunately, it didn't set up quite as I had envisioned it due to scratched glass. It still is a pretty awesome grow up tank. I finally decided to stock it with my Synodontis euypterus and various barbs. Unfortunately, as I netted the syno's out of my turtle tank, there were 2 Jack Dempseys stowing away in the net. I wasn't sure how I could get them out of the display tank without tearing it down completely. As they got bigger, it appeared that I had a pair which could be a real problem if they decided to spawn. I finally caught the male a couple days ago, so I don't have to worry about them spawning. Now I just have to get the female so she doesn't outgrow the barbs, and have them for lunch one day. Denny

Re: Display tank

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 am
by Jackielee
Try that camera out and take a shot one of these days. How about that? :D Could not be too hard to take a picture of a big tank like that.

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 12:51 pm
by sumpnfishy
Sometimes me thinks that good ol' Jack has a likin' for pictures!

Posted: Mon May 21, 2012 1:03 pm
by dennysfishroom
Unfortunately, the glass is really scratched up. No good pictures there. Someday I may decide to replace the tank, but not now. I'll just use it for a grow-out tank for the barbs until I decide what to do. Denny

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:36 am
by Jackielee
sumpnfishy wrote:Sometimes me thinks that good ol' Jack has a likin' for pictures!
On the other forum we say no picture then it did not happen! :lol:

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 am
by mewickham
Nice shots, Jack!

Posted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:10 pm
by sumpnfishy
Love the hamster tube in with the clown loach!

Posted: Wed May 23, 2012 7:24 am
by Jackielee
Thanks, so do the loaches and knife fish. :lol: