Page 1 of 1

Killie eggs

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:41 am
by dennysfishroom
In the past I've occasionally ordered killifish eggs to hatch out. It's sort of cool to see how fast the eggs hatch, and then how fast the fry grow. I had ordered some more at the end of last year or early this year. I was going to hatch them for the auctions or swap meets just to have something different. Somehow, I never got around to it until last week. Unfortunately, sitting around on my desk for that long was not an idea environment, and I got zero hatch on the 2 types of eggs I was going to try. I may have to order some more just to see that I can do it. Denny

Re: Killie eggs

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:40 pm
by Jackielee
I have ordered eggs from Thailand and now Spain. extremely poor results from both place. Suppose to have 20 to 40 eggs or more and get like 3 babies. The latest from Spain only 3 hatched and they were all belly sliders so will not make it. I might try some again from a close US source but i am about out of that game. Good luck. Jack

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:09 pm
by dennysfishroom
I had a really good hatch rate on some I hatched last year, but I didn't take them out of the hatch tank until the next day. very few left at that point. Speed of removal must be critical. Denny

Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:06 pm
by snakeskinner
in the past I have ordered a lot from the far East off aquabid and had similar results as Jack.. I think if I get back into killies I will hit the AKA fish & egg list instead.. Kyle

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:22 pm
by RichardA
Try adding about 10 days to the "hatch date" and see if you get better results.

Posted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:39 pm
by sumpnfishy
Didier Pillet (Pillet on aquabid) is the best I've ever bought from. Excellent hatch rates.