Page 1 of 1

Spring Ponds

Posted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm
by dennysfishroom
When is everyone going to be starting their ponds for the summer? I was out today, and thinking I should at least start cleaning up the debris around the ponds. Also try to put netting over the ponds before the frogs start getting frisky. Denny

Re: Spring Ponds

Posted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:13 am
by Jackielee
Not for a while here in KC

Posted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:32 pm
by dennysfishroom
I just started the pumps running in my ponds this week. I keep thinking that Spring is finally here, but then some massive cold front raises its head. Hopefully, after Friday/Saturday morning we'll return to spring for the remainder of the calendar Spring. I have heard 3 different types of frogs serenading out there with tadpoles from at least one. Another several weeks, and I'll have to see about putting the turtles outside. Maybe even some swordtails. Denny

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:32 am
by mewickham
Jack, you could build an ice skating rink! :)

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:58 am
by jlgeorge
Well I've been collecting materials for over a year to build be a pond. I was planning on doing it this spring, but the wife put the halt on that project. Said she has to have new flooring in her house before I start on anything else. Well maybe next year.

Posted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm
by dennysfishroom
John - just remember the 2 most important words a husband can learn to assure a long marriage. "Yes dear". Then you're home free. Denny