How Can This Be?

Crayfish, shrimp, snails, newts, frogs, turtles, etc.
dennysfishroom

How Can This Be?

Post by dennysfishroom »

We came home from a weeks vacation, and I couldn't find the 2 female turtles I've got in the basement. I finally found one today, but I've looked just about everywhere for the other with no luck. How the heck can you lose an 8-10 inch turtle in a basement? I've also got to figure out how they are getting out of the 300 gallon stock tank. Bummer. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
jlgeorge

Re: How Can This Be?

Post by jlgeorge »

I had something like that happen this summer, a crawdad got out of one of my 10 gallon tanks that are nearly 7ft in the air. We never were able to find the blasted thing, we looked everywhere. I didn't think he could survive the fall. I'm sure the turtle will turn up, that is a big object not to be able to find.
John George
dennysfishroom

Re: How Can This Be?

Post by dennysfishroom »

I found one of the turtles yesterday, and the other this morning. I think I've found where and how they were getting out of the 300 gallon tank. I'm going to have to be pretty sure they won't get out in the future. I just ordered a female albino RES to hopefully have albino turtles a few years earlier. Now I have to figure out a way to give them a place to lay eggs when I've got them outside. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!