Page 1 of 1

ALA Annual Convention

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:46 am
by dennysfishroom
Just got word that the St. Louis club (MASI) is going to be hosting the Amer. Livebearer Association annual convention in St. Louis next May - the 15-18th I think. We'll probably get more info later, but if you would like to go to a national fish club convention fairly close, this might be the one to consider. Denny

PS - FYI Next July the ACA will host their convention in Kentucky, and FOTAS is hosting a convention in Houston towards the end of October this year.

Re: ALA Annual Convention

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:31 pm
by mewickham
Dang it. I think that's the week in May that we plan to be on vacation.

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:41 pm
by dennysfishroom
And I thought you planned all your vacations for our meetings!!!! Denny

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:37 pm
by dennysfishroom
Just found out that the ACA convention will be held the weekend of our July meeting in 2014. Inconvenient, and will cause choices to be made. Denny

Posted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:13 pm
by snakeskinner
I may try to make this ALA convention. I had planned to make the one in San Antonio a couple years ago but things fell apart and I couldn't attend.

FOTAS is going to be October 25-27th in Houston and is going to be free, even the auction will be 100% for the seller. the Houston Aquarium Society is hosting the event. They also procured a hotel with an awesome rate. I think it's $57 if you register at least 2 weeks beforehand. I'll be making my reservations in the next day or two. Kyle