Page 1 of 1

Gold Ocellatus Breeding

Posted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:41 pm
by dennysfishroom
I've been trying to get my Gold Occies to breed for several months without success. I just found out that Males have gold edging on the fins, and females have white edging. From what I can see, it looks like I've got one female for sure, but I think I'm going to have to start pulling males out of the tank until I start seeing spawning activity. If in fact I've only got one female with 6 males, that's probably not conducive for breeding. Denny

Re: Gold Ocellatus Breeding

Posted: Sun May 04, 2014 4:30 pm
by dennysfishroom
I finally pulled all but one "male" out of my Gold Ocellatus tank. I'm now down to 4 males and 1 supposed female. It's not terribly obvious that my one fish is a female, but she is smaller than the remaining 4 males. I've just got the pair in the tank now, so I've got my fingers crossed that we'll start seeing some spawning activity. Denny

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:02 pm
by tboy
Yes, you are right about sexing gold occies. I've got 13 adults in a 20 and usually get a spawn every few weeks or so.

Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:10 pm
by dennysfishroom
I'm still looking to get some if you've got extras. Where are you located? Denny

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:34 pm
by tboy
I've got a few very young one, but wont be sexable for a while. Unfortunately they always seem to be male heavy.

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:32 pm
by dennysfishroom
All I've got left is one "large" male. If you want to get rid of some juvies, we can talk. I don't mind raising them myself. Denny

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:52 pm
by tboy
Denny, the 6 juvies I have are already spoken for, but this very moment I checked and I have more brand new fry. Let me raise them up a little and maybe we can make a deal.

Jim

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:13 pm
by dennysfishroom
How far away are you (from NW Arkansas)? Denny

Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:15 pm
by tboy
12 miles north of Berryville