Page 1 of 1

NWAAS Spring Auction!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:24 pm
by sskruzr
The spring auction date and place has been finalized.
We will once again be holding the auction at the Millwood Christian Church in Rogers AR.
The date is Saturday April 5th!!!!!
It'll be here before you know it, so start thinking about what you have to sell or what you wanna buy.
See you there!!!!!!!!

Re: NWAAS Spring Auction!!!!!!!

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:24 pm
by sskruzr
We can get the seller ids going here. Either post here or pm me and I'll get them added to this list
CPM Corey M
NWA Club donations
DMR Denny R
MWH Mike H
XEW Mike W This is not a typo. I'm trying to keep ids obviously different so there's no confusion
JLG John G
SEA Seafari
WUW World's Under Water
TAB Travis B
MDM Mike M
GTG Gerald G
NSG Nevoy
ATG
COW Carissa
DDS DNRilraps

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:10 pm
by dennysfishroom
I'll take DMR. Denny

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:50 pm
by Jackielee
Glad you wait until Spring to have your Spring auction. The HAAS auction is in February and February in MO is not Spring now way, no how! :lol:

Posted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:43 pm
by fishbit
I'll take MWH. Mike H.

Posted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:20 pm
by jlgeorge
JLG for me

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:05 am
by SeafariStu
SEA please

Posted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:59 pm
by tbalan
TAB For me

Posted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:57 am
by sskruzr
bump

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:59 pm
by kcmikey
Corey, put me down for MDM if you don't mind. See you then!
Mike Meyer

Posted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:03 pm
by sskruzr
kcmikey wrote:Corey, put me down for MDM if you don't mind. See you then!
Mike Meyer
Got you down, thanks

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 6:16 am
by Herpchat
GTG for me;

I have a lot of Jack Dempsys to get rid of; You think the local petshops will buy them a $1 a bag?

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:20 am
by dennysfishroom
I've been selling them for less, and even then no one is beating a path to my door for them. Of course it might depend on how many you put in the bag. Denny

Posted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:34 am
by sskruzr
Herpchat wrote:GTG for me;

I have a lot of Jack Dempsys to get rid of; You think the local petshops will buy them a $1 a bag?
Gotcha

Posted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:28 pm
by sskruzr
bump again, less than a month to go

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:53 pm
by Nevoy
nsg for us

Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 6:22 pm
by sskruzr
One more week, just one more week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:13 am
by kcmikey
Corey, I think you might have an nice group from KC coming down. I haven't talked with David Day or Randy yet, but I know that Dave W and Richard are likely coming. Carla and Harold love to roadtrip and my wife and daughter may even come down for a roadtrip. No matter what happens, I'll be riding down with someone! I am hoping to talk whoever comes down with me to go collecting in Pineville on the way home:) See you next weekend!

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:56 pm
by sskruzr
kcmikey wrote:Corey, I think you might have an nice group from KC coming down. I haven't talked with David Day or Randy yet, but I know that Dave W and Richard are likely coming. Carla and Harold love to roadtrip and my wife and daughter may even come down for a roadtrip. No matter what happens, I'll be riding down with someone! I am hoping to talk whoever comes down with me to go collecting in Pineville on the way home:) See you next weekend!
COOL BEANS!!!!!

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:51 am
by tekwyatt
trying to get my paperwork finished. I do need my user name for the labels, please text or email or... post. Thanks :D

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:42 am
by sskruzr
tekwyatt wrote:trying to get my paperwork finished. I do need my user name for the labels, please text or email or... post. Thanks :D
How about JTW?

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:47 pm
by dennysfishroom
With the auction just a few days away, I thought I might mention some observations from previous auctions as a reminder to all sellers.

1) Please make sure all fish are bagged properly before arriving at the auction.
2) Make sure all bags are properly identified/labelled. This has been a significant problem to those trying to do the paper work. We've seen bags without labels, bags with smudged (unreadable) labels or just illegible labels. It's not the clubs problem to correct labeling mistakes. Just as a suggestion, you should probably tape all labels to the bag (even the adhesive ones) just to prevent labels coming off or being water spotted.
3) The labels should give an accurate description of what is in the bag.
4) Make sure you keep all of your auction receipt tickets. These are what we use to reconcile our records as you check out. If you don't match with us, we'll have to take care of other people who do match, and then take care of the problems.
5) The treasurer has a thankless job on auction days. Don't make it any more difficult.

I'm mentioning this because we've had these problems in the past. Please take the responsibility to do your part correctly. Denny

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:43 pm
by tekwyatt
If JBW is alright then those are my initials.
Thanks for the reminder for bagging items. I was a mess last year :oops:

Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:40 pm
by mewickham
Adding to Denny's note, there are links to all auction instructions on the home page.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:49 am
by DaveW
Couple of questions.

How long have your auctions been going? Hoping to collect with Mike, Richard and Carissa on the way back, just thinking ahead.

What forms of payment are available? Paypal? Credit Cards? I see in the tips thread it says cash and check but that was 4 years ago, wondering if anything has changed.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:57 pm
by sskruzr
DaveW wrote:Couple of questions.

How long have your auctions been going? Hoping to collect with Mike, Richard and Carissa on the way back, just thinking ahead.

What forms of payment are available? Paypal? Credit Cards? I see in the tips thread it says cash and check but that was 4 years ago, wondering if anything has changed.
Usually the auction is complete by 3 no later than 4. Of course if depends on the number of items.

We're still only accepting cash or check.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:18 pm
by dennysfishroom
For those of you going to use cash for payment or snacks, it would be helpful if you had change so we don't run out of cash during the auction. Denny

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:19 pm
by sskruzr
Taking suggestions for types of refreshments.

I know I'm bringing a dozen Propel Kiwi/Strawberry water.

Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:27 pm
by mewickham
The auction is normally over by 3:00 or 4:00, but don't forget that you can "express bid" items to the front of the line for $1, so that you don't have to wait for them to come up.

John George was going to work on setting us up to use PayPal on his smartphone, but I don't know if he ever got it working. Also, anyone with a smartphone can pay via PayPal by sending to pay@nwaas.com. You would have to show the cashier that you did it, of course.

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:46 pm
by CMcKee
COW Please!
Carissa McKee

Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:00 pm
by sskruzr
CMcKee wrote:COW Please!
Carissa McKee
done

Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:38 pm
by sskruzr
TWO MORE DAYS JUST TWO MORE DAYS!!!!!!

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:10 am
by DRNilraps
I would like to use DDS if it isn't taken.

Posted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:54 am
by sskruzr
DRNilraps wrote:I would like to use DDS if it isn't taken.
DDS will work. Thanks

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:37 am
by im2smart4u
I have no idea what I will be bringing, but can I have JRF.
Josh

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:15 pm
by sskruzr
All I gotta is WOW!!! What a great turnout for a spring auction. We had the most buyers ever, 47. There were a lot of great buys especially the plecos that Nevoy and Susan bought, along with their great raffle. A big thanks to the HAAS folks for making the trip down and helping out. It's really appreciated. Thanks to all runners for helping, it made the auction go pretty fast. I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. A big thanks to Stu and the folks from Millwood Christian Church for letting us put our auction on there. Don't wanna forget the ladies that filled out the bid slips and to John our treasurer for handling all the finances. A BIG THANK YOU. Hope to see you all there at the meeting and the fall auction, TBD.

Posted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:19 pm
by dennysfishroom
It was an exhausting day, but as far as I can tell, it was a very successful auction. I counted around 65 people there (couldn't tell for absolute sure because everyone was moving around). We also used around 47 or 48 bidder numbers. I special thanks goes out to Corey, and all the volunteers we had working. The only real glitch we had was the last one quarter of the people checking out. The computer froze for awhile as far as giving us the totals for each buyer. We ended up doing it manually, but we finally got it fixed, and got everyone checked out. A special thanks to all the out of town attendees who pitched in and helped also. It was much appreciated. We'll try to have some sort of status report for our April meeting next Saturday. Denny

Posted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:55 pm
by kcmikey
Congrats NWAAS. The auction was great! I know this was Richard and Carissa's first auction outside of KC, so it was great to see a few things that you do differently. You guys (and gals) do a great job and we all enjoyed ourselves. Our collecting efforts on the way home were great. It was a very fun trip and I am super sore and tired today! Thanks to Susan and Nevoy for the Pleco selection. If was great taking a lot of cool plecos home. I hope a few of you get the urge to come up to KC for our Swap next month. It will be done in time for you to get back to your club meeting, so I hope a few can make it up.

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:27 am
by DaveW
Had a great time, spent way too much but they were all super good deals. Glad to have been able to make it down. Didn't get home until 1:30 in the morning but it was worth it.

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:42 am
by dennysfishroom
Dave - if you go through the posts on this thread looking for Nevoy you should be able to get in touch with Susan. Our data base isn't particularly user friendly when you don't know exactly what you're looking for. Denny

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:19 am
by DaveW
Thanks, will do.