Pulled my first Jack Dannels today!!!!!

Breed fish to earn points, awards, adulation, and great respect from other fishkeepers!
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Pulled my first Jack Dannels today!!!!!

Post by sskruzr »

If you don't know pulling a "Jack Dannels" is, it's when you put fish in a tank, take them out, and a month or two later, babies appear.
Seems I was trying to breed some emperor tetras a couple months ago, and I know I saw some eggs and I know I saw some free-swimmers,
but never saw anything after a week. I have a ton of java moss in there so I'm not surprised there were babies. I had moved a trio of albino cats in there to get something going with them and was making a water change today when I notice 1 quarter inch emperor tetra baby. Unfortunately one isn't going to me any BAP points. Guess I'll try at a later date. :(
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
snakeskinner

Re: Pulled my first Jack Dannels today!!!!!

Post by snakeskinner »

been there done that :) I had a group of spanner barbs I was working with in a 29 gallon when a heater stuck on and cooked all the adults. I pulled the heater and the barbs out and just left the tank sit for awhile. several days (or maybe weeks) later I noticed something move in the tank and found one fry.. too bad there weren't more. just recently I pulled a group of juvie Cyprinodon rubrofluviatilis from a 10 gallon and moved them into another tank to give me an empty tank for an auction in Texas (FOTAS last October). when I got home and started floating my auction fish, I found something moving in that tank and found several pupfish fry scurrying around the bottom of the tank.

Kyle
Okarche, OK