Page 1 of 1

BRISTLENOSE PLECO BABIES!!

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:35 am
by JesusSqueesus
Our first real success in getting fish to spawn, this morning Ashley awoke to a pile of pleco eggs and wigglers at the entrance to one of the caves. High ppossibility they will be all albino, as our female is albino and the male that was in that cave is albino. Super excited!

Re: BRISTLENOSE PLECO BABIES!!

Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:17 pm
by dennysfishroom
Way to go. That's the feeling that has kept me in the hobby for 60 years. Congrats. Don't forget to fill out the BAP sheets for them. Denny

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:40 am
by DRNilraps
Good job Will and Ashley. :) :D

Posted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:08 pm
by JesusSqueesus
Thanks guys. We've lost a few, major learning curve dealing with newly hatched fish. about 20 have survived, they were moved to their own tank to grow up for a while. hopefully there are more where that came from :D

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:50 am
by dennysfishroom
Be sure to have some driftwood in their tank. They need that at about 3/4 -1 inches in length. Apparently gets the right gut bacteria growing. Zucchini or cucumber is also helpful. Denny

Posted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:26 pm
by JesusSqueesus
They weren't eating the zucchini, but they like algae wafers. And they have a piece of wood, which they like to hang out on. The losses were mostly them ignoring the zucchini I think.

Posted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:41 am
by sskruzr
throw half a green bean in there and see what happens. Mine attacked it.

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:58 am
by sskruzr
Well I got rid of all the regular bns, except for some babies I missed. That left me with a pair of adult longfin bns. Lo and behold they spawned yesterday. Hopefully I have some babies ready for the HAAS March auction and our mini-auctions.

Posted: Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:38 pm
by sskruzr
Well I moved the dad, babies, and the cave to a 5g today as I want to raise the babies. Lo and behold some are albinos. Whew-hew!!! Can't wait to see how many I get.