New guy here

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
hornedminnow

New guy here

Post by hornedminnow »

Hello all. I'm new to native fish tanks and wanting to get into it. I have a small (ten gallon) tank and I can usually be found at the creek near the sewer plant here in Springdale either fishing or just walking it. I am a stay at home dad so I have a lot of time on my hands during the week. You can call me Jason Jay or even hey you :P

Would love to go out collecting once it gets warmer and I can get away from the house. Like I said I am always at the creek anyway. :D
Jason
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: New guy here

Post by mewickham »

Welcome! We hope to see you at our meeting next Saturday. Our speaker is going to talk about collecting in Central America. The club makes local collecting trips sometimes. We are overdue for one. Perhaps if you post a suggestion in the Native Fishes or Club Business section, we might get one scheduled.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Re: New guy here

Post by dennysfishroom »

Welcome. You might want to keep an eye on our Forum this week. Michael G. mentioned the possibility of setting up a collecting trip to War Eagle this coming Saturday (April 18th). It's very tentative at this time because of the forecasted possibilities of rain over the weekend (and this week - lots of rain during the week and the water level may be too high). So keep checking back for updates as we get closer to the weekend. It's a really nice place to collect. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!