Introduce Myself

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
kmuda

Introduce Myself

Post by kmuda »

My name is Vince, aka Kmuda. I am a long time fish keeper residing in Fort Smith and, while it's a bit of drive, I hope to participate in NWAAS activities in the future.

I currently have a multitude of tanks:

120 gallon - Oscar
65 gallon - Stendker Discus, Wild Caught Flameback Bleeding Heart Tetra
55 gallon - 25 year old Kissing Gourami, Wild Caught Apisto - Tefe Blue
55 gallon - Angelfish, Bolivian Rams
55 gallon - Indian Biotype (wild caught badis badis, green rasbora, fire ring danio, Wild caught licorace gouorami
40 gallon - Nanacarra Anomala
20 gallon - Dario Dario (Wild caught)
20 gallon - Angelfish Breeding Pair
20 gallon - fry tank
20 gallon - fry tank
10 gallon - Brine Shrimp Factory
5 gallon - Brine Shrimp Factory

I am also the Admin and Webmaster for oscarfish.com, a web site established in 1999 devoted to care and advice concerning Oscars and aquarium fish in general. We are not a large site, receiving about 65,000 unique visitors per month, but I find participation in the site adds to my hobby experience.

My most recent attraction is to natives with the goal of setting up a "Buffalo River" tank. I make several pilgrimages there per year and would love to have a piece of the river in my house.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: Introduce Myself

Post by mewickham »

Welcome to the forum! We hope to see you at upcoming meeting and events, too-- including the upcoming auction on May 9th. Anyone can buy and sell. Info and links to full details are on our home page: https://nwaas.com

It looks like you have some cool species in your collection.
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Welcome. Keep an eye on this forum. We were planning on going out native collecting last Saturday, but the weather didn't cooperate. It wouldn't surprise me if we try again when the weather may be better. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
kmuda

Post by kmuda »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I think it was a search I was doing on Arkansas Native Darters that led me to an individual named Isaac Szabo who was posting absolutely amazing underwater photography of native fish in North West Arkansas on the NANFA forum, many of his images from the Buffalo River area, and that subsequently led me here. I knew there was an Aquarium Society in the area, I had never bothered to look it up. I've been fortunate with my web site to hook up with folks on the west coast that keep me informed as to what is becoming available as far as wild caught fish. This has somewhat served the same purpose as participating in a local society. I currently have Heros Notatus sp Guyana inbound, one of my bucket list fish, and several months back turned down the opportunity for Rio Atabapo Altums (still kicking myself in the rear over that one). The west coast compadre that was in that venture with me has successfully spawned them, selling the spawn to recapture his investment. His next batch I am promised a group of F1 Altums. Armed with his expertise, I am hoping to spawn them myself.

If you see a guy at your next meeting who looks like a 50 year old overweight roadie for the Grateful Dead, that will be me. :lol:
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

Unfortunately, your description of yourself resembles quite a few of us. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
kmuda

Post by kmuda »

OK... I'll make it easy. A 50 year old overweight roadie for the Greatful Dead dressed as Charlie Brown. Image
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

You keep some cool stuff. Welcome. Jack