Dry food ingredients

Tasty nutrition for your fish
sumpnfishy

Dry food ingredients

Post by sumpnfishy »

So I was watching a Rachel O'Leary video on fish foods. She talked about reading the ingredient lists on foods. Holy cow! Its amazing how much of the big names in food are made up of soybeans, wheat, and corn!! Look at the food you have and check it out.
BTW, Ocean Nutrition is really good by those standards. I may switch to them for most of my feeding (though everything gets live food at least once a day).
Annabellam

Re: Dry food ingredients

Post by Annabellam »

You are right on that one, also learning - whole wheat and glutens, soybean, dried yeast, spirulina and garlic? Sure quite a nutritious meal they have there! :D
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

The spirulina is good and garlic is supposedly good for health but the rest is definitely no good for fishes.
Annabellam

Post by Annabellam »

I thought soy beans is good and most people feed it in supplement of nutrient requirement of farmed fish..Or do you mean wheat? I am learning, appreciate lessons :)
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

It's cheap to feed in bulk amounts, but not natural. It's kind of like the parallel of having a lot of grains in dog food. It's nutrition, but not what a dog's body is designed to eat. I don't know that the grains and othe land based foods are bad for them but I don't think they are as good as aquatic based foods.