Page 1 of 1

Multiple Small Vs 1-2 Large

Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:40 pm
by JoanneDisFan
I currently have 1 90G Asian Planted Community and 1 20G quarantine/grow out set up on along one wall. I have 8 ft of space, maybe 10ft if I move a bookshelf. I also have a 5G shrimp tank on a desk. I have another 20G and a 10G in my garage waiting for me to find space and stands.

I'm contemplating making some changes and considering building a rack for a row of 20G and a row of 10G and getting rid of the 90G. I find the 90G almost too deep. I'm short and it's a challenge at times. I'd also like to try my hand at breeding some fish and just having some different fishes. I've been contemplating a shellie tank.

Any thoughts on more smaller tanks or keeping it to just 1 larger tank and a 1 or 2 small tanks?

Re: Multiple Small Vs 1-2 Large

Posted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:25 pm
by sskruzr
I got away from big tanks for just that reason. I do have a 120g, but that was free. I have 2 homemade racks that hold 3 20g breeders. And there's different breeding cory groups in each one.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:21 am
by cbaranyk
If you want to try a bunch of different things, do the smaller tanks. If you want a show piece that doesn't really change, do a larger tank.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:57 am
by sumpnfishy
My 125 sits empty because I can never make up my mind what to keep in it. I have fish in a lot of my smaller tanks though. 20 longs and 40 breeders are my favorite.

Posted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:56 pm
by JoanneDisFan
Thanks for the advice everyone. Still trying to figure out what all I want to do.