Dwarf gourami

Barbs, danios, gouramies, tetras, and other fish that don't fit into the above categories
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Dwarf gourami

Post by sskruzr »

These have been one of my favorites for some time. Normally dwarfs come out of the far east and have some virus that eventually kills them. So I went on the hunt for some US tank raised specimans. Well as luck would have it, Jack D got me 2 males and 4 females from an upcoming speaker to our group. So last weekend I paced a male in a 20 long half full with some plants, a heater and no air. I threw the female in the next day and they spawned the next day. Now after 4 days I have a bunxh of free swimming fry. Hopefully I can get them raised up.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Re: Dwarf gourami

Post by dennysfishroom »

Back in the day, they were the second fish I spawned. In my case it seemed like I had a very high percentage of females which most people weren't interested in buying. I suspect there may be some factors out there that may skew the sex ratios one way or another (heat, pH, etc.). You may want to see if you can find any info on that. This was long enough ago that it probably was before we started getting lots of imported fish with their health problems. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!