Inexpensive Anemone

Marine Fish - Invertebrates - Reefs
Sundance

Inexpensive Anemone

Post by Sundance »

I've got someone looking for an inexpensive anemone for a clown fish. Anyone got one available? Denny
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
etheonut

Re: Inexpensive Anemone

Post by etheonut »

The most inexpensive anemones are not usually acceptable as a host for clownfish. My memory is that the most inexpensive species of anemones that are acceptable as a clown fish host are the 'bubble' or 'bubble tip' anemones. Forgive me for not knowing which genus that these come from. I am sure someone will be able to fill in that blank for me.

Kevin
Herpchat

Post by Herpchat »

Yes that is true however Condylatulus can be used by tomato clowns. Condys will likely nail other fish but tomato clowns tend to be able to use most anemones.
'No one can save them all but everyone can save at least one.

President of the International Betta Congress
Chair IBC-SMP
President of the OKAA (The real state Aquarium Association)
and BAP Chair OKAA
gm333

Post by gm333 »

What do you consider non-expensive? You can find a decent carpet anemone for 60.00, most clownfish will host these anemones. Seabae and long tentacle anemones are not as expensive as bubble tip anemones, but are not as hardy as bubble tips. In the long run you will be better off with a bubbletip. I have seen them go for alot less than 100.00. Hopefully you can provide them with the light they will require. If you are not running metal halides or T-5's I would not suggest any anemone beside the condi's.
'Its only fun if you make it fun! http://fishnutgm333.bravehost.com/'