My Poor Anemone

Marine Fish - Invertebrates - Reefs
robertshear

My Poor Anemone

Post by robertshear »

My wife woke me up this morning and said my anemone was dead! I got up and found that the anemone decided to climb the glass and got itself caught in my powerhead. I turned it off, but the anemone looked beyond saving. I got the anemone with the tank saturday and the guy didnt know what kind it was. It was pinkish colored and its tips were white. I personally didnt think it was the prettiest thing in the world. I was on saltwaterfish.com last night and found out it was a heteractis magnifica, which is a $100 anemone, and it was a "luxury home" for most clownfish. I had gotten a maroon clown yesterday, and was best friends with the anemone in a matter of minutes. Sad day. I went and got a pink tip haitian today, but i dont think the maroon clown is aware of it yet. Yesterday i also got 2 blue damsels and a scooter blenny. The maroon clown and one of the blue damsels just hang out in the back of my tank behind the live rock. The other blue damsel has been missing in action all day today. I looked behind the tank and every little hole i could find, but i cant find him anywhere. I was thinking it was dead somewhere, but i saw the other blue damsel go into a rock, and hide. It was a tunnel i didnt know was there. So hope is still there for it. I also got a green star polyp frag. Its doing well. If somebody tells me how to make my pictures smaller i will post them, everyone i have is too big to upload.
Rob
pinkrblu

Re: My Poor Anemone

Post by pinkrblu »

I think (but not sure) that if you use a photo-hosting site like Photobucket it might resize them automatically.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
robertshear

Post by robertshear »

thanks!
Sundance

Post by Sundance »

If when you save your pictures, you "save for the web"; then when you come to the screen that lists picture size, you can enter 300x400 (or something similar), save, and then I usually give it a different name (I just add "...web" to whatever the file name is). That way you still have your original file as well as a file you can use on the internet. Usually the file ends up being about 20k instead of 10 times that or more. Denny
S u n d a n c e
"Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience." Emerson
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Pink Tip Haitain Anemone is a very effective fish predator and not normally a suitable host for a clownfish. Sorry to hear about your other anemone.

Kevin
robertshear

Post by robertshear »

the maroon clown i got actually was hosting another pink tip anemone at the store i got it from. I wouldve bought the anemone, but this was before my other one died. yesterday night the maroon clown moved towards the anemone and the anemone touched it and the clown swam away. I am hoping it is slowly trying to build the resistance, and from what i understand it could take some time.