My german blues - blues

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
rpddink

My german blues - blues

Post by rpddink »

Well, picked up two gbr from Cory Fri. Today they spawned ! Problem is they are in a community tank 4 angels (about 1.5 inch body size), 5 corys, and two glass shrimp. will they raise any up in that tank or do I move them once they are free swimming? Auggh (secretly- I LOVE IT! , makes fish keeping grand to deal with this stuff all the time - You know what Im talking about!). I will try to find some food bbs for them or something like it. Maybe small bites?
Ill keep everyone posted as I watch in front of the tank wringing my fists in anxiety, hope, and anticipation
Rick
Attachments
gbr spawn2.jpg
Not good camera work but its better than nothing
gbr spawn2.jpg (61.35 KiB) Viewed 982 times
gbr spawn2.jpg (61.35 KiB) Viewed 982 times
gbr spawn.jpg
gbr spawn.jpg (55.34 KiB) Viewed 982 times
gbr spawn.jpg
gbr spawn.jpg (55.34 KiB) Viewed 982 times
kribkid17

Re: My german blues - blues

Post by kribkid17 »

I think you might have some trouble with the corys while they are wigglers and when they are free swimming you'll have trouble with the angels. My angel loved to eat fry and i have heard corys getting fry in the wiggler stage.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I would siphon them out as soon as they're free swimming. I would also leave a night light on the tank so the parents can always find the babies. They'll keep everyone away as long as they have something to protect. I'd also go with microworms for the first week. If you need a culture I have some. Hopefully they won't get antsie and eat the spawn.

I just snatched a spawn from another pair yesterday and have wigglers. I put mine in a 2 gallon tank with just an airstone and heater, about 81 to 83 degrees. This is oringinal tank water. In a 2 gallon they don't have far to look for food. I also change a half gallon of water every day with a "drip bucket". My drip bucket is a 5 quart ice cream bucket with a couple of holes with plastic valves on it. That way there's no temperature or ph shock.

Keep us posted.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
rpddink

Post by rpddink »

Well day 2 and the eggs are still alive! the female is a bit of an air head it seems - shee is always leaving and then attacking the male if he leaves. (yes dear). but we will see what happens this after noon............
rpddink

Post by rpddink »

Oh cory would love a micro worm culture. still have my phone #?
rpddink

Post by rpddink »

Its all over they quit ......... white eggs :( they are taking it better than I am.
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

That's tough but they're young. And if I know kids, they'll try it again.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

sskruzr wrote:That's tough but they're young. And if I know kids, they'll try it again.
and again and again and again.... :lol: oh to be young again