January 2011 Meeting: Make Your Own Fishfood & Fish Anatomy

Program Schedule - Dates - Location - Maps and Directions
mewickham
NWAAS President

January 2011 Meeting: Make Your Own Fishfood & Fish Anatomy

Post by mewickham »

It's a Twofer!
This month, we are offering two talks for the price of one!
Even better, the price is FREE!

Saturday, January 8, 2011
7:00 PM

Come at 6:30 PM to meet with other hobbyists!
Make Your Own Fish Food
by Denny Rogers
Have you ever thought of making your own fish foods? Many hobbyists do it. Fish farmers do it big-time. It can save you some money and give your fish a chance to eat something fresh, instead of something dry. Denny Rogers will be playing fishy chef. He'll teach you some recipes and tips for making your own, delicious fishy snacks. Your fish will thank you for it.
Fish Anatomy
by Michael Gaines
Have you ever wondered how a fish works? You can take better care of your fish if you understand how they are put together and how the parts function. Join us for our second mini presentation of the evening, as Michael Gaines' teaches us a bit about fish anatomy. Come learn how a fish is put together!

As always, there will be an opportunity to meet with local fellow aquarists. There will be door prizes for new faces, refreshments, and a mini-auction at the end. We'd love to see you there. Hobbyists of all ages are welcome! Admission is free!
But, wait! There's more!
We have another special event planned for earlier in the day: a tour of Ozark Angels fish hatchery! Come see a local, commercial, tropical fish hatchery with over a million fish! Everyone is invited and there is no charge for the tour!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
mewickham
NWAAS President

Re: January 2011 Meeting: Make Your Own Fishfood & Fish Anatomy

Post by mewickham »

Please note that this meeting is THIS weekend! I had 2010 listed as the date-- now fixed!
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
Okoscar

Post by Okoscar »

Ok so I bring this home made food home and freeze it, the next day I think I'll give a little to my Vics. They went NUTS! Is there a max amount they should have or is it same rule of thumb, feed them what they will finish in 2-3 minutes. These crazy fish want more and more, for some reason I'm thinking they will not eat flake food again. Kind of like the dog that starts getting fed table scraps don't like his dry food anymore. All I can say is WOW! :o
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

I would probably use this more as a supplemental food (at least to start) than as the main food. See how they react over some period of time. You don't want to mess with their digestive system all at once. Kenna has asked that I post the recipe, and I'll try to put something together in the next few days. I'm glad everyone seems to like it. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Okoscar

Post by Okoscar »

Ok, thank you.
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

The recipe would be a great topic for the diy or food section, then as people modify it they could post their recipes and what they are feeding.

Kevin