Announcements Posted on Other Club Sites

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
mewickham
NWAAS President

Announcements Posted on Other Club Sites

Post by mewickham »

I posted auction announcements on other club sites:
  • OKAA
  • TOKAC
  • HAAS
  • MASI
  • In 2 Deep
  • RRMAS
Corey, it seems like you posted a list of other places you wanted it to go, but I lost the message.
If anyone wants to post in other forums, you merely need to include this code in a message:

Code: Select all

[img]https://nwaas.com/images/posters/NWAAS_2011_spring_auction_block.gif[/img]
Mike Wickham
http://mikewickham.com
NWAAS Webmaster, Publicity Chair
tbalan

Re: Announcements Posted on Other Club Sites

Post by tbalan »

Mike,

This being my first auction, I'm not sure where you promoted the auction in the past but Craigslist is a great free place to advertise in a couple surrounding regions and pretty easy to run an ad at least once a week.

Travis
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

That's an excellent idea. I think we may have posted our semi-annual major auction info there before, but we have never posted meeting information there-- primarily because I have never used Craig's List and it never occured to me.

For those of you who are familiar with Craig's List, which section(s) should we post meeting information in? And which section(s)would we use to post the semi-annual auction info? (Assuming Corey isn't already posting auction info, which I believe he is.)
Mike Wickham
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

The Craig's List police like to make you jump through hoops. I had posted in Pets and it was flagged. Supposedly more than one person complained that it wasn't appropriate or some such reason. I use Craig's List myself, but am not impressed with it. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
mewickham
NWAAS President

Post by mewickham »

I'm trying to find a place to post the auction on craigslist. There is an "Events" section and an "Activities" section. Which is best? (There is a "Pets" section, but it does not appear to allow for-sale ads.) I'm also given the option of letting the auctions@nwwas.com email show or anonymizing it (xxxx-event@craigslist.org). I'm thinking the former makes more sense, though I hear it may leave that address open to some spam. Comments? Also, Denny, should we post your phone number?
Mike Wickham
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

You can post my cell number.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
dennysfishroom

Post by dennysfishroom »

The Craig's list "police" are going to second guess you no matter what you do. I'd post in Pets or Misc. for the widest coverage. I don't know of anyone who uses the events or activities sections. Might want to use the former for posting now, and maybe the latter on Friday night or Saturday morning. They will probably flag you as soon as they realize, but with any luck, that will be after the auction has already started. Denny
If it was easy, anyone could do it!
Keelo

Post by Keelo »

I posted on USAfishbox.com got some people coming from Oklahoma and a few people in NWA that will be attending :)