Hello from SW Missouri

Tell us about yourself! Find tips on using our forum.
RoxiesMom

Hello from SW Missouri

Post by RoxiesMom »

Hi everyone! I was referred to the site by pinkrblu. We just discovered that we are almost neighbors. Anyway - I have 5 tanks, all FW.

1. 70 Gal - HEAVILY planted with Gourami's, Cory's, Neon's, Oto's, Clown Loaches, 1 Sargeant Major Loach (if anyone knows where I can get more, please let me know), 2 Mystery Snails and Amano Shrimp.

2. 20 Gal - Moderately planted with Guppies, 2 Platy's, 2 Cory's, 2 Oto's.

3. 10 Gal - with misc. fish including 1 Featherfin Catfish, 1 Royal Pleco, 1 Common Pleco and 2 Horseface Loaches. I know, overstocked but all doing well for the past 8 months. (frequent WC's and 2 HOB filters)

4. 10 Gal - Nursery - 10 very tiny cory's and about 5 brand new Gourami's.

5. 55 Gal - just picked up today and #3 tank inhabitants will go into it when I get it set up. Then I'm going to try a FOWLR with that 10.

That's about it!
70 Gal Heavily Planted-Community
20 Gal Mod. Planted-Community
10 Gal Rocks & Wood - Misc. fish
10 Gal Nursery
55Gal - not set up yet
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Welcome! Glad to see you made it!
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Welcome to the site! I look forward to your input.
Michael
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

wow, nice set of tanks, welcome to the forums. Can you find us a picture or a scientific name for your loach that you are wanting? Sometimes that helps the search go easier.

Kevin
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

Botia rostrata. I didn't find any available online, but the stores should be able to find them on their lists I would think. If not, http://www.franksaquarium.com probably has them from time to time. They have a LOT of loach species.
RoxiesMom

Thanks for the welcome!

Post by RoxiesMom »

Botia rostrata is correct. He/she is so cute! Just needs a friend so he/she will be more social. I'll check Frank's frequently. I haven't been able to find any online either. And I live an hour from Joplin/Springfield. May have to try KC.
70 Gal Heavily Planted-Community
20 Gal Mod. Planted-Community
10 Gal Rocks & Wood - Misc. fish
10 Gal Nursery
55Gal - not set up yet
sumpnfishy

Post by sumpnfishy »

You'll have a better chance in NWA and Springdale than in KC. Fish shops in Kansas City are not the best. You could try Aquariums Etc. on State Ave. on the Kansas side, but that would be hit or miss. You would be better off calling one of the local stores to see if they can get some. You could even post on the section for Worlds Under Water and Bobby might be able to see if he could get some.
BTW, there is a great article on loaches in this month's TFH including a bit on rostrata. Big buggers!
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

You could also check with Sundance...see if they could order for you at Exotic Tropicals. Also in NW Arkansas.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
LoveMyPleco

Post by LoveMyPleco »

Welcome!!

How big is your royal? I just LOVE those guys!! Do you have a pic of him?

Jenn
Honey, Just one more fish..please....