Prayer request

Come here just to talk about everyday life and other non-aquarium topics.
pinkrblu

Prayer request

Post by pinkrblu »

I don't usually post prayer requests here, but this one is a little special. Two of Mattie's best friends, twins Matthew and Kristopher Diehls, have Cystic Fibrosis. They caught that nasty crud that was making its way through the school and are now in Children's Mercy in Kansas City for the next 10-14 days, if things go well. They could really use your prayers.
~Kenna
I can stop buying fish anytime I want. Seriously.
sumpnfishy

Re: Prayer request

Post by sumpnfishy »

Done. Thanks for sharing.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Just talked to their mom. Their lung function is back up(!) to 50%. Their normal is only 85%. They are doing well, though. Docs didn't expect to see an improvement this soon.
~Kenna
Keelo

Post by Keelo »

they are in my prayers. had a good friend died due to Cystic Fibrosis. Im so glad to hear they are doing better.
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

The boys are doing a little better, but have tested positive for MRSA so they are in isolation. This means they can not go to the rec room, or any of the other common areas, so boredom is an issue. They have changed their antibiotics and are responding well, but still looking at at least another week in the hospital.
~Kenna
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Day seven at Children's Mercy for the boys. They are doing well, but not great. At this point the doctors aren't even suggesting a release date. Please keep praying for them, their parents and their medical teams.
~Kenna
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Yes!!!! All the prayers are working. The boys' PFT's today went up dramatically. They have both gained weight, all their blood work was fantastic. Last night they said they might get to go home by the end of next week...This evening, they have told them as long as nothing gets worse again, they will get to go home MONDAY!!! We are all so excited! Thanks for praying!
~Kenna
pinkrblu

Post by pinkrblu »

Thank you, everyone, for all the prayers! Matthew and Kristopher are out of the hospital and on the way home! Yipee!!!!!
~Kenna