Random Cichlids in Neosho

From angelfish to zebra cichlids
etheonut

Random Cichlids in Neosho

Post by etheonut »

One of the local stores has a central American cichlid, well, actually 2.

It is one in the Trimac complex from what I can tell, but I don't know enough to get further than that.

The male, which has decided to color up in the tank full of mbuna, is very lovely with his purple background and red blotches. The female, I am assuming, is still brown and hasn't shown any color.

I would pick up the pair but: A. the store has no idea what they are and B. they want too much for a fish that they can't identify and don't remember buying.

How do you not remember buying something like that? Did it just come in as a hitch hiker with the feeder guppies? (laugh if you want, some wild stuff comes in with those)

Anyway, they have those 2 in one tank and a 6-7 unidentified victorians (in a tank with some convicts). I think they are just trying to drive me mad! :? The victorians look like one of the "rock kribensis" types, but again, I don't know. These were brought in by a customer, but he can't remember what the guy called them.

To say the least I am thrilled to death he labeled my Chromatilapia guntheri as "West African Mouthbrooders", it could have been a lot worse. At 2.99 a fish he is actually selling them.

Kevin
Jackielee

Re: Random Cichlids in Neosho

Post by Jackielee »

Kind of exciting. I would definitely like to have those fish if they are Trimac complex. They would fit in great with my Flowerhorn breeding program. He should sell them for $ 2.99 like the rest of the fihs in the tank if they are hitch hikers! Let me know if anything happens with them. Wish I was closer I would go check them out. Maybe get a photo of them and pm it it me.

Jack
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

If I go in today I will try to snag a decent photo for you. I could pick up the two fish and send them to the HAAS Auction next Saturday if you like.

Kevin
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Thanks I would love to see them and might want them! :idea:

Jack
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

I picked both up for Jack today. Got the for $9 ea. Funny thing, they had smaller ones for $10 ea.
Corey Mohrhauser
NWAAS Treasurer, Auction Chair
One planet, one chance, DO NOT SCREW IT UP
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

How funny, I went in to get a picture and some guy had just left with them. Apparently I only missed you by 10 minutes or so Corey.

I got pictures of the victorians. I may post them later.

Kevin
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Jack if you don't want bith that's fine. You can tpick the one you want and I'll put the other in the HAAS auction
Corey Mohrhauser
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

I would not stiff you with a fish deal. I will take them both. If you can get a better picture in the privacy of your own home I would appreciate it. Camera phone shots are better than nothing but...

Thanks again for going up there to look at them. Hope you got yoursself something too.

Jack
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Do I need to keep them seperated? They killed a ram I couldn't catch in a matter of a couple hours. And I mean they tore it to shreads
Corey Mohrhauser
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

What did you guys decide they were?

Kevin
sskruzr
NWAAS Treasurer

Post by sskruzr »

Look like flowerhorns to me but what do I know. I'll take a pic in the morning and post it.
Corey Mohrhauser
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

sskruzr wrote:Do I need to keep them seperated? They killed a ram I couldn't catch in a matter of a couple hours. And I mean they tore it to shreads

Generally small colorful things are food to these guys especially if they are FH and not just trimacs.

Keeping them separate might be good if they are showing any aggression towards one another. A male and a female might cohibitate but two young males could be one young male much like the ram scenario.

Jack
etheonut

Post by etheonut »

Jack this same store has 2 larger (4"+) flowerhorn cichlids in now.
They are pretty plain looking though.
Thought I would let you know.

Kevin
Jackielee

Post by Jackielee »

Thanks. I saw them. Looking for others with great color and big head bumps cheap.